Job Description: (7/12/19)
Whitham Planning and Design PLLC is a landscape architecture, planning, and project management firm located in downtown Ithaca, New York. We are seeking a full-time Landscape Designer for our small, fast-paced, dynamic, and collaborative design firm. Our designers are fully engaged in a wide range of project scales.
- Design, management, and production of drawings for large and small-scale projects during all stages of the design process, from conceptual development through construction documentation;
- Compilation of targeted project research and analysis into text documents and/or design solutions;
- Preparation and delivery of verbal and visual presentations to client, municipal, and community audiences;
- Coordination between clients and consultant teams;
- Preparation of project proposals, contracts, and cost estimates;
- Preparation of Site Plan Review, SEQR, Zoning, and other approvals and entitlements documentation;
- This position will require approximately 40 hours per week, with some evening meetings.
- A professional Landscape Architecture degree;
- Minimum 2-3 years’ work experience, full-time or combined with internships, in a professional U.S. design firm;
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize site research and concept development into site planning and design, design detail, and project development, management, and coordination;
- Expert communication, organization, and presentation skills;
- Experience with public design review processes, including public outreach, Site Plan, SEQR, and/or Zoning Review;
- Ability to self-direct and collaborate with project teams;
- Fluency in: AutoCAD to create site, layout, landscape, and detail plan sheets; Adobe Creative Suite for presentations, submission packages, diagrams, as well as plan, section, and perspective renderings, and other documents. Desired fluency in Google SketchUp to create site models.
WPD supports healthy, balanced lifestyles for all employees, encouraging professional development at all stages of your career, including during pursuit of licensure. This position offers a highly-competitive compensation; a suite of medical, vision, and dental insurance; an optional 401(k) Plan; company phone and computer; paid time off; a collegial office culture.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a cover letter, resume, portfolio, and professional writing sample to Kate Chesebrough, Senior Designer, at email@example.com. Application review will begin on July 12, 2019 and will continue until the position is filled. We look forward to reviewing your work.
About Whitham Planning & Design
Whitham Planning & Design (WPD) is a landscape architecture, planning, and project management firm located in Ithaca, New York. Established in 2010, the firm provides a broad range of services, including landscape architecture, project and approvals planning, and design team coordination. WPD has developed strong relationships with professionals in the fields of architecture, landscape architecture, planning, engineering, media outreach, and graphic design, and coordinates team efforts designed to meet specific project requirements. We are deeply engaged members of our community through our professional and volunteer work. Our staff enjoy a bright and beautiful office in the center of vibrant and growing downtown Ithaca, NY. Whitham Planning & Design believes in a collaborative, open-minded, and creative work environment supporting the development of professional skills and leadership in our field.